Meg Stolt Johannessen, or Coach Meg
‘I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
My journey from athlete to coach has been a long and interesting one.
- As Coach, I teach and train ‘kids’ of all levels and abilities to pursue their dreams. I am passionate about women in sport and thrilled to be able to coach. I am challenged daily to keep learning and striving to improve as a coach to empower these young men and women to chase down their goals.
I am able to help you:
- complete your first race — running, cycling, open-water swimming, and triathlon;
- teach a new skill-set to aid in overall improvement;
- Become more comfortable as an open-water swimmer;
- Take the step from short-course to long-course in triathlon; and build strength appropriate and necessary for your racing.
I believe EVERYONE should have a great swim!
I am part of the GAIN (Gambetta Athletic Infomation Network) and a member of the United States Lifesaving Association and USA Triathlon; certified by National Strength and Conditioning Association, USA Triathlon, USA Track and Field, as a Spinning (Indoor Cycling) Instructor, USA Swimming and also a certified open water lifeguard. I have a BA in physical education and a MS in Sport Injury Management.
I serve as a #RunInfluencer for Brooks Running and am Part of both the NuunLife Team and the HoneyStingerHive.
As an athlete, I began my running career in high school track with the 400m and 800m races. I even did long jump and high jump. I later ran cross-country and longer distances. Currently, I train and compete in various running events including open-water swims and half-marathons and half-irons. My favorite distances are the 10K, half-iron and half-mary.
My coaching philosophy is simple:
My goal is to empower you, the athlete.