- Vivian wants you to know she DOMINATED transitions today 🙂 She really was a force! — a note from Vivian L, Houston TX after Houston Kids Triathlon
Thank you for coaching. You truly have a gift in working with kids and motivating them. Sarai is super excited about the triathlon next week!! –Tien, Houston, TX
‘Thank you very much for ensuring the kids were well-prepared for the triathlon. The weeks of training leading up to the main event was such a positive experience for my son Matthew M, that he was already talking about joining the 2017 kids triathlon, weeks before the 2016 triathlon even happened.’ Mia, Matthew’s mom, Houston, TX
TriCoaching and Swim:
- Tom H, Onset, MA says: “Coach Meg is my Triathlon and Swim Coach. I am 46 years old and and I was three months away from my first sprint triathlon, I was looking for a swim coach because I did not know how to swim, a doggy paddle was a challenge. She worked with me 2-3 days per week and she gave me the instruction and knowledge I needed. She has given me a excellent base to build on as a swimmer. She also taught a Triathlon class at our YMCA, the knowledge she shared and the training was very helpful preparing for the race. I was able to complete the Triathlon, and as the race director said one of the most difficult swims they have seen over past 5 years and that would not have happened without her instruction. I would recommend her both as a swim and triathlon coach
‘Just wanted to update you on how both of our tris went! Deanna’s was very successful and she placed 3rd in her age group and got an awesome plaque! Her swim overall went very well all considering. She’s never done an open water swim before let alone with a bunch of people! The lesson’s certainly helped her a lot to be calm. Considering it was her first tri and we didn’t buy tri specific transition apparel her transitions were also great and she biked well and of course had one of the fastest runs.For my tri, my swim went great. It was easily my best one. I even swam fastest in my age group and hardly swallowed any water! I didn’t wear a watch for the whole tri and just went out and raced the best I could. Ended up 9th overall, 1st in my age group, and had fastest run on the day.’ — A note from Andrew E, Houston, TX.
So my journey has begun, I am adventuring towards a Spa Triathlon. I am an “ok” swimmer, enjoy bike riding and can walk faster than I can run. I have considered that I may not be able to finish what I started, but I am in it to finish. Meg is teaching me to focus on one leg of the race at a time, not to think of all three at the same time. I started truly training at the beginning of July and can already tell a difference in my performance. I still have a long way to go but I now feel like I could finish the race. –Mary T, Pearland, Tx.
Meg is one of those people who have a natural eye for good form and technique. I had run for over 35 years and never sought coaching advice and was training for the Boston Marathon. I approached Meg at the gym and asked her if she would help me out to run my best time. After a few sessions I knew it was a good decision, Meg was able to watch my form and right away see where my weakness was and formulated specific drills to help me focus on improving my technique for the most efficient form. I know I would have set a PR in Boston that year if it wasn’t for the temperature reaching 89 degrees I was still able to finish strong only a few minutes off my goal where others were a half hour or more off their goal time because of the heat! I keep many of the tips Meg shared with me and still implement them. It’s very helpful to have a coach that has first hand experience in the sport and truly understands the psyche of the athlete! — Mary F, Sandwich, MA
- My children, ages 6 and 4, just finished their third year of summer lessons with Miss Meg. Since we live at the beach, water and beach safety and learning to swim in the ocean is essential, and Meg came to the beach to provide weekly private lessons. She engages the children in an age appropriate manner that gives them a healthy respect for the water, while building their comfort and confidence in it. She provides mechanical instruction using age appropriate tools, songs and analogies that the children can understand and practice on their own or with us. The kids love Meg and are very proud of their swimming skills. My children were so excited this year on vacation to be able to jump into a pool and swim, with the older kids! –Michele, Hyannis, MA
- ‘You are the bestest swim coach ever!’ — Giulia, age 6, Houston, TX
- As parents of a strong willed child, we struggle to find an an instructor who maintains clear boundaries without being overbearing. From class one, Meg let our son shine and by class 3 had him doing challenging strokes and laps in the pool that we never dreamed he would do. Most importantly he comes out of the water buoyant and with a passion for swimming that other instructors were drilling out of him. Her work with him boosts his confidence and brings great joy and reward to our family. The time with her is a treasure and gives us all a reset we need in our week. — Katie, Houston, TX